Monday, September 3, 2018

Craft Miscellany

It's been more than 6 months since I last posted and while I haven't been idle in that time I haven't exactly been productive either.

The most interesting, un-craft related thing we've done is visit the Art of the Brick exhibit. It was full of really neat and inspiring Lego art. Below are some of my favorites.

Who doesn't love a Lego dino?


There were several pairs like this, a picture with Lego elements and then the physical Lego build nearby.

Near the end, there was a Lego model of the exhibit itself.

As far as projects go, the big thing I'm working on is recovering a chair.  I have inherited a large golden chair that was upholstered by my paternal grandmother as a wedding gift for my parents. At one time it had a sofa that matched but my parents got rid of it long ago. It has been in our apartment/house since our wedding and unfortunately had really been torn up by our cats.

Before Photo

I am not very far along in the process. I have broken the chair down and its ready to be recovered but I need to buy new cotton batting before I can get started.


Found a random assortment of items lost inside the chair.

I also spent a little time making dog bandanas for my brother-in-law's dogs as a housewarming gift since they just bought their first house.

This is Toph and Kida, visiting our house for the Fourth of July.

I used freezer paper stencils to add designs.

Rock fabric and Earth Nation emblem for Toph and waves with the crystal from Atlantis for Kida.
We have also started our Seafall game. We are about 3 sessions into it. I haven't been able to finish the chests I was 3D printing because we had to order a replacement cord. I am actually running test prints while I type this, we should be back up and running.


We also finally put up a shelf in the living room to display our Voltron Lions!


Finally, I've decided to try and make Wakandan battle armor for this plush rhino from Ikea. I don't really know what we are going to do with it when it's done, it's sort of a trial to see if I can do it sort of project.


No comments:

Post a Comment