Thursday, March 3, 2016

Reading Buddy

This weekend is the Johnson County Library Foundation's Stay Home and Read a Book Ball. It is a fundraiser for the library where you give a donation then instead of getting dressed up and going out you just stay home and read your favorite book. And everyone can share pictures and post about what they're reading and favorite reading spots and such. My husband and I are still trying to decide what we want to read but I do know that I will have a feline date for the ball. 

I've decided to do another cat profile and tell you all about my cat Caramel, who is the cat most likely to be in my lap at any point in time.

How she joined the family: I had never had a pet but always wanted a cat so after we were engaged my husband decided to get me a kitten. He ended up getting two. One of those kittens was Caramel and she was chosen because she needed help. She was super tiny and part of a big litter of kittens that needed more attention. 

This is an old scan of a photo (we lost the original) but is shows what a cute little fluffball she was.
Origin of Name: She was brown and sweet so named after Caramel candies.

Favorite Treat: Arby's roast beef. When she was still a little kitten my husband's family dropper feed her for a while to be sure she ate. Then one day we came over with Arby's sandwiches and she climbed my husband's shirt to try and steal the sandwich right out of his mouth. She has loved them ever since. She can always tell when we've been to Arby's without her and she moews and complains. We also think she can recognize the logo on the to-go bags.

Favorite Toy: Paper bags and jingle bell balls


Favorite Sleeping Spot: At night she likes to curl up on my hip if I'm on my side or my feet if I'm not. During the day when she naps she likes to hide in our cat bed.


Favorite Snuggle Spot: She love to sleep curling in ball in your lap or with her head resting on your shoulder. She prefers my lap because my husband shifts around too much and makes her mad. This is why I know she will be a great book ball date, sitting for hours in my lap is a favorite pastime of hers.

Worst Habit: Getting in the trash and eating things she shouldn't. You would think we had a dog the number of times we have to clean up chewed on trash.

Best Traits: 1. Very affectionate to people she likes 2. Guards the house against strangers and meows loudly to let us know we have invaders...  When we still lived at our first apartment we had a maintenance guy that didn't like to come to our apartment if we were gone because Caramel cat scared him. She would follow him around and stare and meow at him.

Likes: things that roll, any kind of meat (except corned beef), fuzzy blankets, using people or other cats as pillows, sitting in the high places and looking down on everyone else


Dislikes: strangers in the house, not getting dinner on time, being lock either into or out of any room, brother cats who want to wrestle, people yawning or sneezing, people moving while she's sitting on them, baths . . . Wow that cat has lots of of dislikes.
The first time my husband gave her a bath she made a horrible warbling noise that made her sound like she was underwater. I came charging in to see what he was doing to my kitty and she was completely dry from the shoulders up. She still does it with every bath and fights and claws.

Strangest Trait: Unfortunately she has a problem where she attacks her own tail. It twitches and she thinks it attacking her so she pounces and sinks her claws into it. Usually holding her and snuggling helps to calm her down she stops attacking.

Trick to wake up he humans: She will come in the bedroom and knock things off the night stand until we get up to give her breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment