Thursday, February 18, 2016

BB-8 Inspired Earrings

Before Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released there were people obsessing out about BB-8. My husband and I were not those people. We didn't understand freaking out about characters you know little to nothing about, even if that character is only a droid. As you know, I was super excited about the movie and spent hours working on outfits for us but the idea of cosplaying an unknown character made no sense to me. What if you accidentally dressed up as the next Jar Jar Binks?

However after seeing the movie, I have to agree that BB-8 is awesome!



When I found this pattern by Marilyn Gardiner for chainmaille earrings I thought they looked a little bit like him. 


I thought maybe if I changed out some of the rings it would have the same blurred look as when he rolls.



Orange is actually my least favorite color so instead I made his little brother BB-6. To save a bit of money I bought rings in multi-color packs, but after I started putting everything together I realized the blue doesn't match between the two sizes. I also realized that I only had one earring hook so I'll have to do more shopping before I can have a complete pair.


What do you think? Does it look like a BB model droid? Also in the close up you can see all the little nicks I made in the rings. Any tips to help prevent that?

No comments:

Post a Comment