Thursday, May 12, 2016

Quiet Days Off

In spite of the fact that I somehow had both Monday and Tuesday off of work this week, I have accomplished next to nothing...

Okay, really that's not true. In my mind, I did a lot, just not a lot that was productive. Monday I had to go to the library. It was part regular library trip, part embarrassed that I have to pay for a damaged book trip. A while back, I checked out this book about hot dogs. It came up when I was searching for books about dogs and I thought huh, that might be kind of interesting. I mistakenly left it at the end of the couch while I tried to do a few dishes. I came around the corner to check on Gil and he was under the coffee table chewing the corner...

Because we all know dogs LOVE hot dogs


Luckily, I got it away before he did much more than chew the corner, but it's still enough damage we had to pay the library for it. On the plus side, since none of the pages are damaged it's still a perfectly useable book.



After taking care of that unpleasant errand I had lunch with my parents. I played with Gil a bit and then ended up taking a short nap. Gil was mostly well behaved and I had time to read my new library books without him attacking them.

Then Tuesday I had planned to be productive. I had some vague idea about crafting things and I thought I might mow the lawn. But then in the morning, I had problems breathing and it had rained so the grass was wet anyways and I decided it would be too much trouble. The main factor that kept me from being more active however was Gil. He spent most of the morning sitting quietly next to me on the couch chewing one of his toys. At this point, him sitting calmly is still an anomaly and I was afraid if I started moving around the house he'd get all worked up and out of control. So I stayed put and read some more.



I finally had to leave to get some lunch but even after I came back he behaved very well. We took a nice walk and even made a short visit to Petsmart.

Wednesday was back to work, and it wasn't a good day. We were understaffed and I ended up having to stay late because we were busy. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and my muscles ached, so nothing got done then either. I'm hoping that it might stay sunny today so that I can at least mow our front yard before the rain forecast for Friday evening arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment