Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

My husband and I enjoyed a nice quiet weekend. Even though we really didn't have much going on it was also a pretty eventful time as well.

Saturday was Free Comic Book Day. Since we have visited multiple shops previous years, I decide to take the off from work this year so we wouldn't feel rushed. However, it turns out that this year we were in and out. We didn't have to wait in a big line and we managed to pick up all the comics we really cared about from a single location. (The only one we didn't find that I was kind of interested in was the Assasin's Creed comic.)


We also picked up Transformers #1 and #2 of the DC Bombshells series as well as a pair of Hellboy novels, titled Ice Wolves and Fire Wolves. I don't really know if the two books are connected in any way yet but either way, it'll be interesting.



Then we had a couple of hours to just hang out and have lunch before my husband left for his Pathfinder game. I knew when I took the day off that it would be a game weekend and we decided not to cancel it. Instead, I spent a nice afternoon hanging out with my Mom and the dog then did some housework in the evening.

Then on Sunday, we slept in which is always nice. Then my husband mowed the lawn. . . Well mostly mowed the lawn since rain was coming, while Gil and I took a short walk around the neighborhood. Then we had lunch and grocery shopping to take care of. It started to rain before we were even through with lunch. The weather made our animals sad. Here's Curry looking out the back window and watching the rain, wishing for the sunshine.



We made a lovely Mother's Day dinner for my family; salad with apple,pear, and strawberries, sun-dried tomato stuffed chicken, herbed noodles, and roasted squash. We had intended to grill the squash and chicken but because of the rain we just baked everything. Then we finished up with berry monkey-bread and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment